Do you know that Balsamic Vinegar of Modena…?
Everyone talks about it but few know it thoroughly. Certainly, the Balsamic Vinegar of Modena is a product exported all over the world. It’s renowned and used to prepare countless dishes but often even the most regular users don’t know that…?
Consumers mistakenly associate the various products that make up the world of Modenese Balsamic Vinegar with a single name “Aceto Balsamico di Modena”.
Test your knowledge of the product and if you like, answer the questions using the comments window at the bottom of the article. We remind you that ABM PGI is the acronym for Balsamic Vinegar of Modena PGI and ABTM PDO is Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena PDO.
Test your knowledge of the product
First, we want to point out that the product called and labelled Balsamic Vinegar of Modena PGI is only one of the three players on the market.
- The second is Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena PDO, do you know what the third is?
- What ingredients are permitted by law and used for an ABM PGI?
- What ingredients are permitted by law and used for an ABTM PDO?
- Having identified the third group, do you know which ingredients are allowed by law?
- Minimum legal ageing of the ABM IGP?
- Minimum ageing of ABTM PDO law?
- How is ABM PGI aged?
- How is ABTM PDO aged?
- ABTM PDO is a unique food excellence in the world that makes the most extravagant culinary weddings possible, it pairs with incredible ease with risotto, meat, fish, shellfish, strawberries, ice cream, etc. Do you know how it should be used? What shouldn’t be done using this product?
- How many litres of the product are obtained each year from a battery of barrels for ABTM PDO?
- How many litres does the annual market production of ABM PGI and ABTM PDO correspond to?
If you already know the answers you are surely a product lover, excellent connoisseurs and attentive consumers, but if not, we invite you to read this article.
In conclusion, you will understand the main differences and discover the uniqueness of the “Traditional”.
These are just some of the features of this extraordinary product. The Modenese Black Gold is rich in culture, history and curiosities. Stay tuned to our blog to find out more and more information and news about Balsamic Modenese.
Greetings from Modena